Why Work for LockState?
We understand that you have lot’s of choices when it comes to putting your skills to work. As such, we strive to create an experience and environment that is of equal benefit to you as the company. We hope you’ll give us a chance to tell you what makes LockState a great place to work.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and having successfully landed a fresh round of funding, we’re looking to grow – responsibly fast. At LockState you’ll be joining the exploding industry of home automation and the internet of things. Our environment is fast-paced yet casual and filled with team members that are intelligent, fun, friendly, ego-free and driven to create a market leader. We are constantly looking for talented team members to support our continued growth.
If you are interested in working for us, please apply for the positions below at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow LockState on LinkedIn to get more details on opportunities.
Current Full-Time Openings:
LockState brings the power of the internet to access control devices such as smart door locks and physical access control systems for both residential and business use. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and having successfully landed a fresh round of funding, we’re looking to grow – responsibly fast. At LockState you’ll be joining the exploding industry of home automation and the internet of things. Our environment is fast-paced yet casual and filled with team members that are intelligent, fun, friendly, ego-free and driven to create a market leader. Interested? Keep reading….
Mid/Senior Web Application Developer
LockState is looking for a Ruby on Rails developer who is equally proficient on the frontend as they are on the backend. The ideal candidate is passionate about software development, takes pride in their work, and is thorough and detail-oriented. As an experience software builder you also understand the importance of testing your work and making it as reliable as possible when it leaves your capable hands. This is your opportunity to contribute to the incredible world of the connected home where the possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
What you bring to the table:
- Seeking mid-level Ruby on Rails developer with front-end / full-stack experience
- Experience consuming and creating APIs and OAuth.2+ years of experience in the Ruby on Rails ecosystem
- Experience with the Rails 3.x framework
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases
- Experience with both frontend and backend testing frameworks (RSpec, Jasmine, etc.)
- Operational experience including setting up development and production environments, installing packages, deploying code, shell scripting, and automating tasks.
- In depth knowledge of jQuery
- Experienced with Git
- Experience working with and scaling high-traffic applications
- Experience with agile development methodologies, estimating, and doing what it takes to meet commitments made during sprint planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) *or* a resume that will really impress us (past work, open source projects etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Rails framework upgrades (major and minor upgrades)
- TCP/IP Networking
- Experience with Ruby 2.0.x and Rails 4.x
- Worked with cloud technologies (Amazon services, Engine Yard, OpenStack)
And what you’ll enjoy as a member of the team:
- Entrepreneurial, fun, fast-paced work
- A competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Paid time off
- Ongoing career development
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com
LockState was the first company to invent a Wi-Fi door lock and is also a pioneer in other Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. We are a software and door lock company that is experiencing high growth. With a start-up atmosphere, our newly launched software is revolutionizing industries in the sharing economy like Airbnb. We are looking for some additional members of our team to help us grow.
As LockState’s Sales Support Associate (SSA), you will be focused on fielding and distributing incoming sales inquiries and customer orders by telephone, email or online systems to the appropriate sales team member. The SSA must be highly organized and efficient professional who can wear multiple hats throughout the workday. To succeed, you are a passionate product evangelist with an ability to communicate the value of LockState to our existing and future customer base. This is an entry level position to LockState’s fast growing sales team with the opportunity for advancement.
— Work with sales and marketing to generate “Qualified” sales opportunities through inbound and outbound telemarketing activities.
— Deliver excellent customer experience and support to LockState’s customers and partners.
— Maintain good working knowledge of LockState’s products and services to speak to and educate prospective customers and partners over the phone and through email exchange.
— Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including marketing, sales, support, service, and management resources, in order to meet customer expectations.
— Provide administrative assistance to executives and management team members as required.
Provide product and software presentations as necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
— Client Service/People Oriented — you understand human nature, manage difficult or emotional situations, responsive to client needs, honor commitments, and are motivated to build relationships and solve problems. You project a positive attitude!
— Perseverance — You take initiative, serve clients with energy and drive, see all actions to closure (especially in the face of resistance or setbacks), are assertive, find a way to achieve desired results
— Communication Superstar — You engage others, appropriately set expectations, actively listen and seek information not freely provided, have a mastery of both written and verbal communication in their many forms
— Driven to Succeed — You are motivated by the hunt, committed to the sales process, competitive with a “never-quit” attitude, determined to produce results and achieve assigned goals
— Highly Accountable –You take responsibility for individual performance, document all sales efforts, understand and meet activity goals, possess superior time-management skills, work well independently and as part of a team
Department — Sales
Job Type — Full-time
Benefits — Base salary plus variable comp — DOE (Depends on Experience), Health benefits, PTO
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As Customer Support Technician, you will be working with a team of support specialists in LockState’s customer service department. The Support specialist handles incoming customer service & support calls, tickets, and live chat. Ideal candidates will have previous customer service experience technical troubleshooting and phone support experience, be technically minded, have no fear of repairing your own electronics, and possess a basic knowledge of networking. This is a great chance to join a growing company in a very exciting industry.
- Managing large amounts of incoming calls
- Take ownership of customer’s issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Identifying and assessing customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Meet personal/customer service department targets and call handling quotas
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Take the extra mile to engage customers
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of customer service software, ticketing system, databases and tools
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications Wi-Fi network knowledge a plus!
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-up and research skills along with an inherent desire to GET THINGS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
LockState was the first company to invent a Wi-Fi door lock and is also a pioneer in other Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. We are a software and door lock company that is experiencing high growth. With a start-up atmosphere, our newly launched software is revolutionizing industries in the sharing economy like Airbnb. We are looking for some additional members of our team to help us deliver world class customer experience.
LockState is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager (PM) to manage the company’s supply chain for Smart Locks and automate access control. PM Responsibilities include the management of inventory, forecasting of inventory needs, purchasing components and oversea assembly of product, This is a great chance to join a growing company in a very exciting industry.
- Manage inventory levels to meet forecasted demand by working with external suppliers and internal Sales team
- Maintaining and reviewing all records of purchased goods, including their costs, deliveries and inventories
- Manage our supply chain partners and component inventory needed to create future inventory
- Manage product assembly and assembly partners
- Preparing and processing purchase orders
- Manage 3rd party warehouses — finished goods and raw material inventories and WIP
- Manage Quality Control of finished goods and components
- Manage inventory system (Netsuite)
- Oversee prototype builds for new product development
- Evaluate prospective suppliers before signing them up to ensure they meet the organization’s needs
- Oversee customer order fulfillment, including order processing, responding to customers inquires and terms with freight carriers
- Proven working experience in Project/Program Management
- 3+ years of experience with inventory management / logistics
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Netsuite experience (or other similar systems)a plus
- Strong leadership capabilities
Procurement and Logistics
Base salary – DOE (Depends on Experience)
LockState solves the problems for property managers and owners who need to control access for their guests, renters and service people. Our solutions eliminate the problems of remotely managing property access, including: the expense and hassle of key exchanges, the disruption of early check-ins and overstays, and eliminates the security risks of unauthorized access. We give our customers real-time control over their rental properties, enabling them to manage and monitor all property access from their smartphone or internet browser. For more information on LockState and their products, visit LockState.com. Located near I-25 and South Colorado Blvd., we are a quickly growing company with a casual & fun work environment.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com